LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Several Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) are offering COVID-19 testing.
Right now 12 middle and high schools are offering drive-thru testing for students, staff and families. Here's a list of locations:
- Academy @ Shawnee, 4001 Herman St.
- Ballard High School, 6000 Brownsboro Rd.
- Central High School, 1130 W Chestnut St.
- Fairdale High School, 1001 Fairdale Rd.
- Iroquois High School, 4615 Taylor Blvd.
- Marion C. Moore School, 6415 Outer Loop
- Seneca High School, 3510 Goldsmith Ln.
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School, 1501 Rangeland Rd.
- Waggener High School, 330 S Hubbards Ln.
- Western Middle School, 2201 W Main St.
- Western High School, 2501 Rockford Ln.
- Valley High School, 10200 Dixie Hwy.
If you would like to make an appointment at one of the listed locations, you can do so online. . The testing runs from 3-7 p.m. every Monday through Thursday.
JCPS is also doing weekly testing at schools for students whose parents signed consent forms.
JCPS spokesman Mark Hebert told Spectrum News 1, the district expects to ramp up testing in every school. Currently approximately 60 schools are doing in-school testing of students.
Free COVID-19 testing is also available at JCPS district offices. The district says over a thousand students have already signed up for testing. Parents interested in signing their child up for testing can submit a consent form at school or do it online at "Parent Place."