MADISON, Wis. — The August primary is around the corner and the Wisconsin Elections Commission is looking for poll workers.

Poll workers do everything from check-in voters, help people register to vote, check photo IDs and process absentee ballots.

Those interested in working the polls can start by finding their municipal clerks. To do so, visit and enter your address.

After that, fill out a form, also at that link, and submit the request to your clerk.

To be a pull worker, one has to:

  • Be a qualified elector of the county in which the municipality is located (i.e., an adult citizen of the United States who has lived in the election district for 28 consecutive days and is not otherwise disqualified to vote)

  • Be able to fluently read and write in English

  • Not be a candidate for any office to be voted on at the polling place at that election

Your local clerk will provide you with training prior to Election Day for the job you will be doing.


Facebook Twitter