KENTUCKY — In-person unemployment insurance (UI) services will open April 15 at more than a dozen regional Kentucky Career Centers (KCCs), Gov. Andy Beshear and Labor Cabinet Secretary Larry Roberts announced.
What You Need To Know
- In-person unemployment insurance services to open April 15
- Services to begin at more than a dozen regional Kentucky Career Centers
- Kentuckians can begin scheduling Monday through Friday appointments April 7
- KCC staff will be available for in-person assistance by appointment only
KCC staff will be available for in-person assistance by appointment only. Beginning at 1 p.m. on April 7, Kentuckians can begin scheduling Monday through Friday appointments online.
Openings on April 7 will be for appointments April 15-30. Appointments for May 3 will become available beginning April 19, with additional appointment times opening each day thereafter.
“When you combine years of painful staffing cuts, an out-of-date system designed to tell people no and the effects of a once-in-100-years pandemic – many Kentuckians have been unable to obtain benefits,” Beshear said. “In addition to taking many new actions to help Kentuckians in need, we are now making good on our promise to begin putting unemployment specialists back into the local career centers.”
Roberts said KCC staff is preparing for opening day.
“It has taken a lot of work to make it happen in a short window of time, but our staff has worked hard in recent weeks to pull everything together to get us in a position to once again provide services that unemployment claimants need at this critical time,” Roberts said.
Below are the KCC regional locations. The cabinet will also open a new, temporary facility in Lexington, which will also provide UI assistance.
- Ashland: 1844 Carter Ave., Ashland, Ky. 41042
- Bowling Green: 803 Chestnut St., Bowling Green, Ky. 42101
- Covington: 1324 Madison Ave., Covington, Ky. 41011
- Elizabethtown: 233 Ring Road, Suite 100, Elizabethtown, Ky. 42701
- Hazard: 412 Roy Campbell Dr., Hazard, Ky. 41701
- Hopkinsville: 110 Riverfront Dr., Hopkinsville, Ky. 42240
- Lexington: 2624 Research Park Dr., Lexington, Ky. 40511
- Louisville: 600 W. Cedar St., Louisville, Ky. 40202
- Morehead: 1225 U.S. Hwy. 60 West, Suite 160, Morehead, Ky. 40351
- Owensboro: 3108 Fairview Drive, Owensboro, Ky. 42303
- Paducah: 416 South 6th St., Paducah, Ky. 42001
- Prestonsburg: 686 North Lake Drive, Prestonsburg, Ky. 41339
- Somerset: 410 East Mt. Vernon St., Somerset, Ky. 42501
Anyone attending an appointment must wear a mask at all times, and a photo ID is required to enter a KCC building. Other special instructions include:
- Temperatures will be taken before entering KCC buildings
- Accommodations will not be made for those without appointments
- UI specialists may not be able to provide a resolution during a single appointment, meaning some claims could require additional paperwork or take additional time to complete. An additional appointment will not be necessary