FRANKFORT, Ky. —  Do you want to vote? We've put together a list of frequently asked questions to help you get in and out of your polling place without trouble.

Polls are open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 p.m. local time. If you are in line at 6:00 p.m., you will be allowed to vote.

Here are some Frequently Asked Questions to help you cast your ballot this year without any problems. 

Register to Vote

The Kentucky State Board of Elections has a website where you can register online. It's First-time voters and current voters can update their information, look at sample ballots, review election results and much more. 

Check My Registration Status

The board of elections also allows you to update your registration or check your registration status using the same website

Find My Representative

Once you check your registration status, you will be given the information for your house, senate, and congressional districts. You can then go to the Legislative Research Commission and find out each of your representatives.

How Do I Request an Absentee Ballot


Where is My Voting Location?

You can find your polling location by going to the state's website or you can check with your county clerk's office for details.

How Do I View a Sample Ballot?

When sample ballots are available the Kentucky Board of Elections will have them listed on their website by county. You simply find your county and click on the supplied link.  

Where Can I Find Election Results?

Spectrum News 1 will have complete election results on-air, online at, and on your mobile device on our new Spectrum News app.

What is the Deadline to Register

The deadline to register to vote in the May 17 Primary Election is April 18 at 4:00 p.m. If you don’t know if you are registered to vote, or if your registration is valid, be sure to check with your county’s board of elections or check here online. 

Do I Have to Register Before Every Election?

Once you have registered to vote, you do not have to re-register for each election. Re-registration is necessary only if you have moved or legally changed your name.