WASHINGTON, DC – Kentucky will receive $21.7 million from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for 25 Community Health Centers (CHCs) to fight the coronavirus.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) made the announcement Wednesday.
The money comes from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The bipartisan CARES Act is the biggest rescue package in history. Kentucky is expected to receive at least $1.25 billion in relief as a result of the CARES Act.
“The healthcare heroes in Kentucky’s community health centers deserve our support as they work on the frontlines of the coronavirus crisis. For many Kentuckians, particularly those in rural communities, these health centers provide vital access to quality, primary care,” said McConnell.
David Bolt, CEO of Kentucky Primary Care Association says CHCs need support.
“These clinics serve patients in underserved areas of the Commonwealth They treat all patients regardless of income. They are Kentucky’s safety-net for healthcare. With this funding, the clinics will continue to provide care during these trying times and beyond.”
Here is a list of CHCs in Kentucky receiving funds from the CARES Act:
- A+ FAMILY HEALTHCARE, LLC - Brownsville - $503,000
- AUDUBON AREA COMMUNITY CARE CLINIC, INC. - Owensboro - $514,925
- BIG SANDY HEALTH CARE, INC. - Prestonburg - $958,3340
- BLUEGRASS PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CENTER, INC. - Lexington - $503,000
- BOWLING GREEN-WARREN COUNTY PRIMARY CARE CENTER, INC. - Bowling Green - $727,415
- COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS OF WESTERN KENTUCKY, INC. - Greenville - $703,670
- CUMBERLAND FAMILY MEDICAL CENTER, INC. - Burkesville - $1,982,600
- FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS, INC. - Louisville - $1,439,150
- GRACE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, INC. - Gray - $1,059,395
- HEALTH HELP, INCORPORATED - McKee - $1,077,110
- HEALTHFIRST BLUEGRASS INC. - Lexington - $1,013,300
- HEALTHPOINTE FAMILY CARE INC. - Covington - $1,325,495
- JUNIPER HEALTH, INC. - Beattyville - $699,800
- KENTUCKY MOUNTAIN HEALTH ALLIANCE, INC. - Hazard - $571,025
- KENTUCKY RIVER FOOTHILLS DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL INC - Richmond - $543,200
- LEWIS COUNTY PRIMARY CARE CENTER, INC - Vanceburg - $1,618,415
- MOUNTAIN COMPREHENSIVE CARE CENTER, INC.- Prestonburg - $544,145
- MOUNTAIN COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CORPORATION - Whitesburg - $1,182,155
- PARK DUVALLE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, INC. - Louisville - $979,685
- PENNYROYAL HEALTHCARE SERVICE INC. - Hopkinsville - $567,275
- REGIONAL HEALTH CARE AFFILIATES, INC. - Providence - $697,430
- SHAWNEE CHRISTIAN HEALTHCARE CENTER, INC. - Louisville - $576,860
- STERLING HEALTH SOLUTIONS, INC. - Mt. Sterling - $688,910
- TRIAD HEALTH SYSTEM INC - Warsaw - $602,855
- UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY - Lexington - $623,105