Good morning, Wisconsin. Here's what you need to know today.
The coldest air of the season will greet you this morning. Parts of northern Wisconsin will be dealing with wind chill values below zero — and there isn't much wind out there! After some sunshine this morning, the clouds will thicken up through the afternoon. A couple pockets of snow showers are possible, especially closer to Lake Michigan. Highs will only be in the 20s to very low 30s again today.
Get your 7-day forecast: Milwaukee | Madison | Green Bay
1. COVID-19 Vaccines Are In Wisconsin. Here’s What You Need To Know
Monday marked a historic moment in the fight against COVID-19: The first Wisconsinites have now gotten the highly anticipated coronavirus vaccine, bringing us one step closer to the light at the end of the pandemic tunnel.
2. Second Wave of Pfizer Vaccines Coming; Moderna Rollout Could Start Early Next Week
The second wave could be joined by the first shipment of millions of doses of Moderna’s vaccine, which the Food and Drug Administration is expected to authorize for emergency use as soon as this weekend.
3. Lambeau Field Freezers Helping Wisconsinites In Need
This Appleton Food Bank found a unique solution with a unique set of partners: the freezers in Lambeau Field. Normally the stadium’s freezers would be stocked for 80,000 people. Not this year.
1. Live Biden Transition Updates: Electoral College Vote Ends with Biden Winning 306 Electoral Votes
2. Officials Warn Vaccine is “Not the End of Our Battle Against COVID”
3. Bipartisan Group of Senators Unveils COVID Relief Proposal, Now in Two Parts
Don't Miss This
A historic moment in Wisconsin as respiratory therapist Tina Schubert became the first of UW Health's health care workers to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine Monday afternoon. (UW Health/John Maniaci)