LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The end of a cold, gloomy winter is near, and Kentuckians know what that means: the Kentucky Derby is coming. Churchill Downs announced Friday that tickets for the Derby, Oaks, and all Derby Week events are on sale now.
Reserved seats will be limited to 40-50% capacity and the sale of general admission tickets will be delayed, representatives said in an email. If the conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to improve, Churchill Downs President Mike Anderson said more reserved seats will be offered.
“Kentucky Derby Week represents a time of fun and excitement and our team is working diligently to create and deliver the best customer experience possible as we do every year,” said Churchill Downs Racetrack President Mike Anderson. “We’ll continue to rely on proven health and safety protocols and operate within the guidance of state health officials as well as the CDC."
Tickets are available for popular Derby Week events including;
- Opening Night (Saturday, April 24)
- Dawn at the Downs (Sunday, April 25 and Monday, April 26),
- Champions Day (Tuesday, April 27)
- Thurby (Thursday, April 29)
Guests with contractual seating, such as personal seat licenses, memberships and annual tickets, and those who received refunds last year, will have rights to first refusal for the 147th runnings of Kentucky Derby on Saturday, May 1, and the Longines Kentucky Oaks on Friday, April 30.
Currently, there is no online sale planned for first-party reserved seating. However, contractual guests with tickets who are unable to attend the Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Oaks, or other events can utilize the Kentucky Derby Ticket Exchange, to resell tickets.
The Official Kentucky Derby Ticket Exchange allows guests to resell tickets, charge face value or above, and guarantee authenticity through Ticketmaster verified tickets.
Notification of the availability of additional tickets to Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks will be made by way of email and social media. Fans are encouraged to subscribe to the Kentucky Derby’s email distribution list online.
In addition to Kentucky Derby Week, tickets are on sale for the entire 2021 Spring Meet, which covers 38 dates from Saturday, April 24 through Saturday, June 26:
- Twilight Thursdays (Thursdays, May 6-June 24)
- Preakness Stakes Simulcast (Saturday, May 15)
- Sunday Brunch (Sundays, May 16-June 20)
- Downs After Dark (Saturdays, May 22 and June 12)
- Stephen Foster Preview Day (Saturday, May 29)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 31)
- Teacher Appreciation Day (Thursday, June 3)
- Belmont Stakes Simulcast (Saturday, June 5)
- Flag Day Observance (Sunday, June 13)
- Father’s Day (Sunday, June 20)
- Stephen Foster Day/Closing Day (Saturday, June 26)
Information regarding Churchill Downs’ Health & Safety plan for Kentucky Derby 2021 can be found here.