After being canceled last year due to the pandemic, the Orange County Fair is back for 2021. This year's fair is set to run from July 16 through Aug. 15, Wednesdays through Sundays.
Tickets are on sale, but daily capacity will be limited this year.
Tickets must be purchased in advance, and transaction fees are being waived on fair admission. Fairgoers are advised to purchase tickets for special days and group adventures in advance.
Key things to know:
- Advance purchase of tickets is required – no transaction fee
- Tickets will not be available at the gate
- Tickets are good only for the date purchased; please choose dates carefully – no refunds
- A limited number of tickets are available for each day
- Masks are required for unvaccinated guests inside OC Fair buildings
- OC Fair is not currently planning to increase capacity
OC Fair hours are as follows:
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Fridays and Sundays: 10 a.m. to midnight
- Mondays and Tuesdays: Closed
The OC Fair is known for its innovative and extravagant food items. This year some new items being served include:
- Deep-Fried Hot Dog Bites from Pink's Hot Dogs
- Waffle Cone with Buffalo Chicken and Mac and Cheese from Chicken Charlie's
- Hot Cheeto-n-Cheese Burger from Biggys
- Fried Chicken Funnel Cake
There is also a $3 "Taste of Fair Food" option on Thursdays that allows visitors to get a sampling of fair food and treats from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fun-sized samples include funnel cake, tri-tip, lemonade, cinnamon rolls, tacos, gelato and cotton candy.
Tickets are available online at ocfair.com/oc-fair/buy-tickets
Watch "The SoCal Scene" at 9 p.m. every Thursday on Spectrum News 1 and the Spectrum News app.