LOS ANGELES – An elevated fire risk could leave more than 33,000 Southern California Edison customers in the dark on Thursday.
Public Safety Power Shutoffs are implemented by SCE as a way to decrease the fire danger.
Windy conditions bring the higher chance to ignite wildfires and can swiftly carry embers across an area. Winds are expected to reach up to 30 mph and will increase around 3 p.m. blowing through Santa Clarita and the San Fernando Valley.
RELATED l Cooler Today With Increasing Winds
Wind elevated the danger for firefighters working to contain the 8,391-acre Saddleridge Fire that has been burning since last week.
- Inyo County: 719 customers
- Kern County: 1,621 customers
- Los Angeles County: 2,885 customers
- Mono County: 13,275 customers
- Riverside County: 2,719 customers
- San Bernardino County: 5,363 customers
- Santa Barbara County: 6,702 customers