Bolsa Chica Ecological Conservancy preserves both native plants and wildlife, and helps protect people from flooding.
Renee Eng went to the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in Huntington Beach and spoke with the conservancy's CEO, Patrick Brenden and Operations Manager, Eric Paquette. Paquette explained that wetlands act as a buffer during storms, thereby protecting inland communities and coastal area.
It’s an important destination for wildlife to thrive. Renee takes us on a tour, showing us some of the plants and animals found there.
MORE IN FOCUS:
- The Unintended Victims of Rat Poison
- How Permit Made It Possible to End a Mountain Lion’s Life
- How You Can Help Save the Monarch Butterfly
- Why Bees Have One of the Most Important Jobs in America
- High School Student Trying to Help Save Marine Mammal Center
Send us your thoughts at InFocusSoCal@charter.com and watch Sundays at 9 a.m. on Spectrum News 1.