The new comedy, Love, Weddings & Other Disasters, stars Diane Keaton, Jeremy Irons and Maggie Grace. It combines a lighthearted romance with a few laughs. Co-stars, Maggie Grace and Andrew Bachelor, along with director, Dennis Dugan, talked about the new romantic comedy. Grace said she can strangely relate to her character, an inexperienced wedding planner.
Five Things You Need to Know:
- The film is a multi-story romantic comedy about the people who work on weddings to create the perfect day for loving couples, while their own relationships are outlandish, odd, crazy, and far from perfect.
- Maggie Grace is known for playing Shannon Rutherford on the ABC television series Lost, Kim Mills in the Taken trilogy, Irina in The Twilight Saga, and Althea Szewczyk-Przygocki in Fear The Walking Dead.
- Grace, who is 37, married, and has one son, said the key with a multi-layered character driven comedy is: "When you are figuring out how to overlap two lives with two very different people, hilarity can ensue, but I think love, shall we call it in its more mature stage, is a more Mike Lee film."
- Principal photography began in September, 2019 and took place in Boston, in the Public Garden and various locations in South Boston.
- Director Dennis Dugan, a longtime Adam Sandler collaborator, knows a lot about successful comedies, having helmed blockbuster like Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, and Grown Ups 1 & 2. He told us: "I also wanted to set up like the chaos, joy and heartbreak, and the rush of love, against everyone who works on a wedding, trying to set up the perfect day, which is the perfect fantasy. So all the chaos behind it, it’s basically imperfect fantasy versus imperfect reality."