In a special edition of The SoCal Scene that takes place in Melvin Robert's living room, he reports on a variety of activities that can be done in the home.
Melvin and correspondents Christy Lemire, Alison Martino and Tara Lynn Wagner share websites, streaming movies, cultural places and a delicious cooking segment that will make your day.
And if you're looking for ways to entertain kids, Tara Lynn has excellent suggestions that'll inspire them to create fun projects and to get a little exercise.
If you want to get in on what Melvin has got cooking in the kitchen, he's provided the recipe here.
Praline Pecan Pie Bark (From the Domestic Rebel)
• 2 sleeves (about 20 or so) honey graham crackers
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 & ½ cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist the foil with cooking spray. Place the graham crackers all over the surface area of the pan, breaking them apart if necessary to fill in the gaps. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, mix together the butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the vanilla extract and chopped pecans and evenly pour the hot bubbly mixture over the graham cracker sheets. Working quickly, use a spoon or offset spatula to spread the mixture around to evenly coat the graham cracker sheets.
3. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly. Allow the bark to cool to room temperature before breaking into pieces. Store any leftovers in an airtight container
4. Serves 8-10
A new episode of The SoCal Scene premieres Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on Spectrum News 1.